Why Choose the
Eating Disorder Specialist Certification?
Eating Disorder Intuitive Therapy (EDIT)™
A comprehensive approach for eating disorder recovery which features evidence-based practices and has been used in clinical settings more than 25 years
- EDIT™ Techniques are Evidence-Based — incorporating the “gold standard” for eating disorder treatment of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), plus DBT, ACT, and other cutting-edge techniques
- EDIT™ Approach is Solution-Focused — featuring interventions to quickly alleviate eating disorder behaviors while also effectively addressing their underlying cause
- EDIT™ Process is Client-Centered — guiding clients to make “thought ED-ITs” to replace the eating disorder mindset with healing intuitive wisdom
- EDIT™ Strategies are Mindfulness-Based — addressing eating disorder behaviors in an accepting, compassionate, and transformative way
- EDIT™ Philosophy is Transpersonal — shifting from the perspective of the “false self” as a dis-eased body to the “True Self” as a Soul-Heart-Mind-Body
EATING DISORDER SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION
EDIT™ Certified professionals
Eating Disorder Intuitive Therapy (EDIT)™
Guide clients to practice five principles of recovery
- Love Your Self — discover the “True Self” beyond the image in the mirror
- Be True To Your Self — access intuition for meals, movement and entire life
- Express Your Self — develop emotional coping skills and resolve core issues
- Give To Your Self — replace “false self” eating disorders with intuitive self-care
- Believe In Your Self — prevent relapse and enjoy lasting freedom
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm just starting my Master's Degree in Social Work. Do you offer student discounts or payment plans?
eating disorder specialist certification discount package rates are available. Some courses feature monthly payment plans.
I'm a single Mom with a two part-time jobs. Will this training fit in my busy schedule, and how long will it take?
courses are available on-demand, so you can choose when class is in session. Beginner-level courses can be completed in a little as 6 hours.
Where the EDIT™ Certified credential is recognized? Can I live, work and help others anywhere in the world?
YES! EDIT™ Certified
professionals are worldwide. By working with clients online, you can provide services internationally. Check specific requirements or restrictions in your area.
I'm in recovery from Bulimia, and still struggle with my own issues. Can I help others if I also need help sometimes?
Eating Disorder Specialist Certification
There are five levels of EDIT™ Certified so you decide the expertise that's right for you, with most courses online
- LEVEL I: BEGINNER (6-Hour Home Study) — ESSENTIAL SKILLS you need to help others in eating disorder recovery
- LEVEL II: INTERMEDIATE (4-Hour Home Study) — GAIN CONFIDENCE through role-play videos and case studies
- LEVEL III: ADVANCED (15-Hour LIVE Online Workshop) — PRACTICE SKILLS during LIVE role-plays and breakouts
- LEVEL IV: EXPERT (30-Hour IN-PERSON Retreat) — DEVELOP EXPERTISE by living the EDIT™ Principles in your own life
- LEVEL V: SPECIALIST (100-Hour 1-on-1 Apprenticeship) — SPECIALIZE in eating disorder mentoring, coaching, or treatment
LEVEL I CERTIFICATIONBEGINNER
6-Hour Home Study
Build Basic Skills!
Downloadable EDIT™ Manual
Downloadable EDIT™ Worksheets
Foundational EDIT™ Videos
Ethical & Liability Guidelines
LEVEL II CERTIFICATIONINTERMEDIATE
6-Hour Home Study Hybrid
EDIT™ Videos featuring Role-Plays
EDIT™ Case Study Examples
Essential EDIT™ Reading
Group Calls with Dr. Dorie
LEVEL III CERTIFICATIONADVANCED
13-Hour LIVE Weekend Workshop
Put Into Practice!
LIVE Online ZOOM Workshop
Advanced EDIT™ Topics
Role-Play Practice Sessions
Set & Achieve Professional Goals
25-Hour IN-PERSON Retreat
Next Retreat: August 15-19, 2021
Mountains of Evergreen, CO
Experience EDIT™ Principles
Set & Achieve Personal Intentions
LEVEL V CERTIFICATION:
EATING DISORDER SPECIALIST
This year-long 50-hour Apprenticeship is conducted on a 1-on-1 basis with the Creator of EDIT™ – "Dr. Dorie" McCubbrey, PhD, MSEd, LPC, LAC, CEDS
Only five apprenticeships are offered each year. This exclusive program is customized to meet your specific needs, based on your current experience with eating disorders and your future goals. Flexible start dates and payment plans are available. Join Dr. Dorie for this new opportunity to become an EDIT™ Certified Level V – Eating Disorder Specialist!
Meet "Dr. Dorie" McCubbrey
PhD, MSEd, LPC, LAC, CEDS
Creator of Eating Disorder Intuitive Therapy (EDIT)™
Founder of the EDIT™ Training Institute LLC
“Dr. Dorie” McCubbrey is passionate about guiding people to freedom from eating disorders, and empowering people to help others in recovery. She has a Doctorate in Biomedical Engineering, a Master’s Degree in Counseling, and more than 25 years of clinical experience. Dr. Dorie is a Keynote Speaker, Retreat Leader, and Best-Selling Author of two books. She lives in Evergreen, Colorado where she loves climbing mountains with her dog, Atman.